OG Card Deck is a free software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-10-01. The program can be installed on iOS.
This simple and effective Orton-Gillingham electronic card deck enhances understanding of over 80 common grapheme-phoneme correspondences that form the building blocks for reading and spelling. Each grapheme* card offers the multisensory experience of hearing the corresponding phoneme and key word, watching a video clip showing articulation of the phoneme, and the opportunity to practice the phoneme with a voice recording/playback option.
*grapheme = a single letter or string of letters that represents a specific phoneme (sound)
- Easy-to-navigate, multisensory flashcard approach for in-depth practice or quick review
- User-friendly interface with clean, modern graphics that appeal to children and adults
- Use with Orton-Gillingham based reading programs or in conjunction with any phonics-based curriculum
- Useful literacy tool for educators, university students in education-related fields, reading tutors, O-G practitioners, Speech-Language Pathologists, ESL learners, parents, and children
- Learn the logical sequence of multiple spellings for 21 graphically-represented phonemes
- Select one or more categories for each practice session, including consonants, single vowels, consonant digraphs, vowel teams, vowel + r, short vowel signals, VCe, and common suffixes.
- Practice Multiple Spellings through an Auditory Drill
- Toggle easily between controlled and random presentation of graphemes
- Record/playback feature allows users to hear their own pronunciations
- Use the app independently or supplement with a printed version of Mayerson Academy s O-G Card Deck
- Enhance the multisensory experience by simultaneously tracing/stating each grapheme-phoneme correspondence in a nearby rice tray or on a textured surface
- Multiple Spelling Practice gives you the ability to hear and see the sound being dictated, write down the multiple spellings, and check your answer.
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
OG Card Deck (version 2.0.1) has a file size of 72.04 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.